Members' Meeting - 6th February 2015
We are fortunate to have two good speakers for our next meeting: Michael Tokuss and Nigel Coulthard from the German and French Chambers of Commerce for Iran, respectively.
For more information and to book a place click here.
Comments On The Iranian Economy: November 2014
Click here for the latest Iranian economic commentary from the Oxford Persian Institute.
BICC Recent News
- What next for the Iranian Nuclear talks? Click here, to read an article in CMEC. Includes contribution from our chairman, Lord Lamont.
- Click here, to read a letter from the BICC's director general, informing the membership of the extension to the interim joint plan of action.
- Iran's Free Trade Zones in focus, click here.
- The Joint Plan of Action extended to 24th November. Click here.
- The Foreign Secretary announces the very good news that the British Embassy in Tehran is to reopen. Click here.
- UK FCO Consults on 'Contract Sanctions' - Click here
- Is The US Bullying UK Banks? - Click here
- Draft new model of oil contracts unveiled in Tehran - Click here
- Click here to read an article, written by Peter Oborne in The Telegraph (19th February 2014), on the banking boycott with Iran.
- Please click here for Lord Lamont's article in the FT on 3rd February 2014.
- Interesting article by Liam Halligan regarding the business prospects between UK and Iran following recent visit by President Rouhani to Davos.
Trade Restrictions on Iran
BICC requires all Members, as a term of Membership, to observe applicable UN, EU and UK sanctions and recommends that they take account of US and other sanctions law where it might affect them directly or indirectly.
BICC is able to provide understanding of the sanctions and help in compliance.
For a comprehensive view on this subject, please go to our trade restrictions page.