The BICC: Bridging Business With Iran
On our website, you will find information about doing business with Iran, the role of The British Iranian Chamber of Commerce, our counterpart in Tehran, as well as details about services and membership.
The Annual General Meeting, 19th September 2014
The speaker will be Edward Oakden CMG, Director, Middle East at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
For more information, click here
Comments On The Iranian Budget for 2014 - 2015
Click here for an Iranian economic budget commentary from the Oxford Persian Institute.
Click here for the text of Mehdi Varzi's talk to BICC on 20th June. It argues that Iran should move from Buy-Back to Production Sharing Agreements for energy sector developments and could do so because Iran would retain ownership of reserves.
BICC Recent News
- The Joint Plan of Action extended to 24th November. Click here.
- The Foreign Secretary announces the very good news that the British Embassy in Tehran is to reopen. Click here.
- UK FCO Consults on 'Contract Sanctions' - Click here
- Is The US Bullying UK Banks? - Click here
- Draft new model of oil contracts unveiled in Tehran - Click here
- Click here to read an article, written by Peter Oborne in The Telegraph (19th February 2014), on the banking boycott with Iran.
- Please click here for Lord Lamont's article in the FT on 3rd February 2014.
- Interesting article by Liam Halligan regarding the business prospects between UK and Iran following recent visit by President Rouhani to Davos.
Business Research and Due Diligence
Nuclear negotiations offers the prospect of Iran opening up to UK companies. So it will be important that, before entering into contractual obligations, business research and due diligence is undertaken on potential counterparts.
Click here to find out more about how the BICC can help you.
Trade Restrictions on Iran
BICC requires all Members, as a term of Membership, to observe applicable UN, EU and UK sanctions and recommends that they take account of US and other sanctions law where it might affect them directly or indirectly.
BICC is able to provide understanding of the sanctions and help in compliance.
For a comprehensive view on this subject, please go to our trade restrictions page.